Earlier this month, in the blog post Food Truck Startup we mentioned the Food Truck Startup Seminar and what anyone considering their own truck should take into consideration. This week, we talked to Michael Blasco, The CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally for a little more insight into the seminar:
1) What was the inspiration behind starting the seminars?
Those looking to start a truck had no place to go for information on starting a truck, and everyone seemed to have questions. They needed help.
2) What is the intended audience for the seminar?
The seminar is for anyone considering starting a food truck.
3) What does a typical agenda for the seminar consist of? What can an attendee expect?
There are many facets to the business, but we break it down into four sections: 1) Overview of a Food Truck Business 2) Branding your Business 3) Insurance 4) Marketing and Operations of your Business.
4) Should an attendee bring anything with them?
They just need to bring themselves- we will even provide them with a pen and an agenda to take notes on. They also need to come unfed so they can enjoy the fare of a local food truck for our dinner break at 7.
5) What (if anything) should they expect to leave with? They will leave with way more information about the food truck industry than they came with.
6) How often are the seminars held annually? Every six weeks on Sunday nights from 5-9 pm.
Also, if you are not in the Tampa area, do not be discouraged! The seminar will be streamed online so you can attend remotely in addition to those who will be attending in person and have the exact same experience (well, except for the food truck fare at the dinner break of course). So, if you are interested in attending, be sure to register today!